Ideal Energy is hiring several Solar Installers to join our team for the 2016 construction season. No experience necessary, on-site job training will be provided. Construction and/or roofing experience a plus. Must be okay with heights, intense physical labor, and work well with a dynamic team.
In this position, the Solar Installer will coordinate with Project Managers and Team Leads while working side by side with other crew members to review project plans and install all photovoltaic system components. The overall goal of the Solar Installer is to achieve completion of the project with the highest level of safety, quality, efficiency and conformance to the original plans and specifications.
Target Responsibilities (May vary depending on project):
- Arrive at shop early (7am) ready to work. Weather permitting, some works days last 10-12 hrs.
- Coordinate with Project Manager, Warehouse Manager, and Team Leads to ensure that all parts, pieces, and tools required for the day are adequately supplied in trucks.
- Pre-assemble job components.
- Work with crew members to install arrays within established timelines throughout SE Iowa.
- Assemble solar array racking, mounting hardware, properly seal all roof penetrations, and install all relative equipment.
- Set up solar monitoring systems.
- Maintain high levels of quality assurance and quality control with an emphasis on safety.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot system malfunctions and operational issues.
- Communicate with customers in a professional, considerate, and respectful manner, answering all questions and concerns to the best of your ability.
- Have no problem getting your hands dirty and doing the gritty work that comes along with the heavy lifting.
- Thrive in a team environment.
- Physical mobility of upper and lower body.
- Ability to work in various positions, including, but not limited to, stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling and squatting for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work in extreme environments (example: heat, snow, rain, wind, etc).
- Willingness and capability to climb ladders, stairs, and work on rooftops.
- Ability to lift, pull, and push materials and equipment to complete assigned job tasks.
- Capability to lift 50 lbs of weight frequently throughout assigned workday.
- Superb customer service skills – a high level of professionalism and a positive demeanor is a MUST. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license.